Monday, July 20, 2009

UNEXPECTED

Today I had my first car accident but I wasn't driving. The car was stationary when it happened but still it was I would say, traumatising. So X. & me went to grab food and he alighted at the side of the road which wasn't exactly the main road, kinda like a small lane next to the food stall. I was in the passenger front seat at that time and I wanted to grab my phone from the back seat to make a phone call. As I was stretching over to the back seat to search for my phone which was covered by piles of dirty clothes to be sent for laundry, 'BANG!' and I can't quite remember my reaction and what I saw for the next 3 seconds or so cause I was just too stunned to do anything. Quickly I snapped out of it and to my horror the side window was badly smashed by this huge lorry and yes my face was just next to it. Thank God the shattered glass pieces didn't fly into my eyes and I only had a small cut on my hand which I realized only awhile later. When I got out of the car, I saw C. coincidentally who witnessed everything and she was also kinda in shock but thankfully for bumping into someone familiar when it happened since X. wasn't back yet. Cut the long story short, we got the driver to sign that he would assume full responsibility for the accident. Kinda sad la cause he might lose his job as he was making a delivery at that time. My mum went bonkers when she heard her car was damaged, well expected but she cooled down after learning of the whole story. I reckon that tomorrow's gonna be a long day so I better turn in now. Night!

Hong Kong Ocean Park