Saturday, August 30, 2008

HOLIDAY? PERHAPS

So the media reported less than 24 hours ago that the situation in Bangkok has worsened due to the political Thai crisis and guess what? I am flying there in about 3hrs time. First thing first, i didn't even know that the protest began on Tuesday and things got bad yesterday. I mean like Thailand has always been in the midst of thier unresolved political upheaval since like let me see 2, 3 years ago and the media loves blowing things out of proportion. I was more worried about the impending storm that would supposedly hit Thailand somewhere between September and October, not to forget my immense fear of flying but i have got my drowsy pills ready and i do certainly hope that they would perform thier duty this time. From what my Thai friends told me, the situation in Bangkok city itself is not even affected by the mob. But i was thinking if the prime minister declares a state of emergency.......

I don't even know what would happen except for that i would miss my internship and that's terrible. Gotta run, keep safe everyone! Toodles :)









3 comments:

michmatherji said...

come back safe, babe! :)

Anonymous said...

Are you safe?

Sherilyn said...

Thanks babe for hearing me out :)