Wednesday, September 3, 2008

BITCH SLAP

Greetings from the land of chaos,riots, protests & bombings. I am safe and enjoying myself very much actually so thanks for the concern everyone :) Well the prime minister declared a state of emergency today due to the riots that occurred last night which wounded and killed some. Me not being able to sleep was watching the footage of the riots live on TV.

Human nature! How interesting you know, going against one another of the same nationality just like how friends whom you think are trustworthy suddenly turns around and stabs you in the back. So since me & Vic went on the trip alone, just 2 of us girls, she got super scared this morning when she heard of the news & wanted to go back home badly. I on the other hand wanted to stay for a few more days because i haven't really spent time with my Thai friends yet and seeing how terrified she was to the brink of tears, we parted ways and the hotel was nice enough to refund us the money plus deposit. Immediately i called up Ken and he was uber sweet to rush down after school to pick me up from my hotel.

Thai people are painfully nice & genuine. So right now i am staying put at Aunt Jetima, Ken, Bank, Tab, Pap, & Bam's pent house, situated on the 29th floor overlooking the most beautiful view in Bangkok i have ever seen. Pap was super duper sweet to give up his room for me or else i would be staying alone all by myself in en empty spare apartment downstairs and Bank sacrificed his laptop for me so i could use the internet. Ken has driven me around for the past few days so much so that i feel so bad & Aunt Jetima, the loveliest lady ever was so hospitable towards me. Everyone's awfully kind i feel oh so very touched.

Interestingly, the legal age to club here is 20 so of course i haven't experienced the clubbing life in here. Moreover if me & Vic goes alone, just the 2 of us girls, it would be very dangerous. But tomorrow Ken will be bringing me to his pub that he opened with a few of his friends and Pap will be bringing me shopping in the afternoon. Can't wait! Maybe i can meet Brian for lunch as well. The bed's huge & comfy & calling out to me. Good night people, xoxo