Tuesday, September 30, 2008

SLING SHOTS

Can someone please shoot me? I am jinxed, hopefully for today only, very very unfortunate.

Ok here goes. Grandma called when i was still at work, and she said there was a letter for me, something regarding a parking summon of some sort. But she couldn't comprehend the nature of the letter so she passed it to Grandpa. Grandpa read it and told me i got caught for speeding at Telok Blangah!!! Penalty would be a fine of S$150 and 4 demerit points!!! I only have 12 points to spare. Damn, if its at Telok Blangah, that means that i would receive many many many more letters because i kept speeding these past few days. Of course, i started to panic, get all worried and jelly and i still remembered beating the red light 4 days ago and i think i saw a flash. That would chalk up to at least 20 demerit points! So i "rushed" to Gramps place at the speed of a snail and when i held the letter in my hand, it felt like the whole world just came crashing down on me. How melodramatic but seriously its that bad. My eyes screened through every single word; how i was driving at 75km/hr which exceeded the speed limit of 60km/hr and when reality seems to be kicking in, point 2 caught my eye. "However, in this instance, it serves only as an advisory letter not to speed...."

Is this some kind of joke??? Whoever sent those letters (i cannot say) must be very saddistic and not to mention free. I was just sent to hell and brought back to life again. Just when i thought i could heave a sigh of relief, i saw a parking ticket clipped onto the wipers of my car. A $30 fine!!! Goodness Gracious Holy Cow. What on earth is happening? So i have to google later on "Parking Summons" because i have no clue as to how and where to go to pay for a fine. Great day i had. Totally spoilt the whole "Yay, its the eve of a public holiday mood". The rain is not making things any better as well & instead of having a fun night out, i am staying in. Maybe i will have better luck in my dreams. Gd night

No comments: