Monday, March 23, 2009

SCENTS AND THE CITY


Play. Pause. Rewind. Fast Forward. To What? Where? Blurry images lie ahead of me, black and white of my past. I have a million and one things on my to-do list but it slips my mind, I procrastinate. I feel so free, yet busy, so lonely, yet occupied, planned yet disoriented. She was right, my heart doesn't know what it wants. The letter of acceptance from NUS arrived in the cluttered letterbox last week. In the presence of a terrible hangover, my phone rang at 10am on a Saturday morning. It was from SMU, informing me that I have been shortlisted for the interview this Friday, thus I cancelled my trip to Manilla. But it feels that the puzzle isn't complete, but I ain't gonna search for the missing pieces because I believe that someday, somehow, everything will just fall into place. So I shall spread my wings and fly, travel around the world, experience the different dimensions of life, gain greater insights, discover ME - something that has existed but is generally unknown.