Monday, April 5, 2010

A LITTLE IGNORANCE

Switzerland - Mount Titlis 
This is not a painting, its real!


We had to take 3 cable cars to the peak. This was the rotating and the third one.
I almost froze to death. It was minus 3 degree celsius. All I wore was a pair of leggings (non-thermal), a shirt which is ultra thin, a leather jacket (not even real leather), scarf and gloves. Yes I survived for only 15-20 mins out in the cold, before running indoors for warmth. But I cannot resist the picturesque scenery, so I would head out into the snow again. After 3 such intervals, my ears were so red and painful, I was so afraid they were gonna drop off. I had to stand under the hand dryer for about 15 mins to defrost them. lol. 
My teeth were clattering and I was shivering like crazy, while trying to smile for the camera. Muscle Spasm sia.

HOT CHOCOLATE! 















In the City
Awwww so sweettttttt.
Macaroons, which were freaking hell awesome










If you visit Europe, you have to go to Switzerland, especially the mountains. It is by far one of the most beautiful and scenic places I have ever been to. In fact, I prefer Switzerland to Paris hands down. Was such a waste cause we didn't have enough time to head down to Geneva to paraglide, sky-dive etc. Anyway the place that we visited was Lucern, not even Zurich. I am definitely gonna explore the whole of Switzerland someday. *HINT* Next holiday destination please, throw in a USA package too! Actually we bought a book on Switzerland a year ago. Supposed to head there for Christmas but we decided to go to Korea instead. So now its collecting dust at my house. grrrr. I wanna put it to good use SOON! Bigger Hint. 

So that day, we decided to play "catch catch". I think its a complete waste of money, cause 9 out of 10 times, you don't get anything. But its still the excitement and adrenalin rush that entices you, especially if you catch something. The sense of accomplishment is machiam like strike lottery. As you know, the people tending the shop will always shift the toy back to a very difficult position to make you spend more money la. Very evil! However, in Tokyo right, the person will actually ask which toy you wanna catch, and place it in a very easy spot. We caught a couple and spent less than 10SGD on our catches. Usually, you can grab something on your first try. Japanese people are so nice! Going back, we spent like almost 20 bucks on nothing. pffftttt. X then secretly bought me some stuffed toys from a shop la, not that I am a sucker for teddy bears, hello kitties and whatnots. But it was really sweet cause considering the way he is, he will not buy all these nonsense. He thinks its damn gay to buy soft toys for girls. Nvm, next time they should have catch catch machines for Chanel, Prada, Miu Miu, LV, blah blah. Then when we can't catch anything, he can secretly go buy them from the boutiques for me. Yay, how awesome! Lol, I am just joking. 

It's been a long weekend and I have work in a few hours time :( Waiting for that silly boy to come home from Dota before I can head to bed! Don't understand what's with guys and Dota, just like how they don't understand our love for Chanel(s). The more the merrier, yes? Haha, Good night!