Monday, May 3, 2010

ITCHY SCRATCHY UP AND DOWN MY BACKY WACKY

Michelle's 21st @ Naumi Hotel














Ok. I am gonna ramble and complain till there is no tomorrow. Tioman is a shit place, apart from the people, the nightlife, the clear water, beaches and everything else, it is the worse place I have been to EVER. Never going back there again, NEVER. 

First day when we reached there, and checked into our so-called "resort", I wanted to faint like literally faint. I even considered heading back home straight away but I couldn't. The image in my mind was that of the resorts in Bintan, like Clubmed that I went to a couple of years ago or just Angsana Resort. But yeah you get the drift, the word resort simply implied nice rooms, comfy sheets, shower (not even a bathtub), basically just what a resort is and should be. NO, I was so WRONG. It was like the army camps, even worse than that. Well the boys were alright with it, I mean they go through army and all but I was freaking out. Our rooms were a 4-5 people's room, no rephrase that, bunk would be more appropriate. The beds consisted of double decker beds, with blankets that were rags! The toilets were even better! No hot water!!!!!! And freaking dirty and disgustingly horrid, with mould and fungus all over the walls. EWWWWW. Food was so yucky. I didn't even eat at all. I mean they served us a sumptuous meal on the first day for lunch, so we thought hey at least there's nice food. Yeah but it was like serving you nice food first to prepare for your death sentence, get what I mean. LOL. The food they served after that for breakfast, lunch and dinner was either inedible or everyone simply rushed to pile up their plates with mountainous amounts that there was none left for us. No restocking of food as well except for the eggs! urrrgh. To be fair, the last dinner was quite alright, with a whole load of barbecued seafood which tasted pretty good. 

Here comes the angry, angsty irritated bit. Me, Mich and Joel were bitten by bed bugs. YES bed bugs! We 3 shared the same bed. Initially I had bumps all over my body on the second day which were awfully itchy so I thought they were either mosquito bites or sand fly bites. Well, Mich and Joel had a few too but not as bad as mine. So we kinda ignored them, applied those nonsense insect bite gel thingy that we bought there. On the last day, our bumps got so red and swollen, itchy and painful we couldn't stop scratching them. Anyway, yeah wth bed bugs eh! Gross. Thank God I immediately went to the doctor after I came back to Singapore and he gave me calamine lotion to apply. So I am under confinement lol, cause I look like I got leprosy or some skin disease if I step out of the house. Plus calamine lotion leaves  blotches of white patches all over the affected areas. 

So finally, it was time to head back. I was so happy, ecstatic, excited, elated. I hated that damn place, wanted to go home so badly. Imagine the amount of happy hormones that were pumping within me. But it doesn't end here. From the island, we had to take a ferry to Mersing terminal. From Mersing we then had to take a van back to Singapore. When we were in the van, making our way back to Woodlands checkpoint, there was a massive jam. Like we only managed to move 1cm in half an hour those kind. A bit exaggerating, but something along those lines. The police blocked off the roads, and of course there was only one road, one path, one way back and we die die had to be stuck in it. As if the traffic jam wasn't bad enough, there was barely any air-conditioning in the van, and the sun was directly shining into the van without any blinds to block off the sun and the heat. The uncle refused/act dumb/was just being racist (cause he malay, not saying that all malays are though) to turn up the air-conditioning or increase the fan speed, just turned a deaf ear on our pleas/cries/screams. Joel's father even flared up at him and he just ignored. OMG. Wanted to die. The boys wanted to perish with him together if it was not for us ladies in the van as well. Grrrr. We were trapped inside for I think 3-4 hours? Sobs. 

My holiday turned bad. Lol. For all these unbearable incidents la, but aside from that I had so much fun! Snorkeling, looking at corals and fishes (though I am scared of them) haha. Ian told me that if I stepped onto a coral I would die, and I accidentally stepped on one, I thought I was gonna die! So melodramatic, I was preparing to give a good bye speech already, lol. But he was obviously pulling my leg. Its the corals that would die. Night life there was great. Though there is only one small bar that everyone gathers, people there are so friendly, I got to know so many people there. And the beer was bloody cheap we drank almost 3-4 dozens every night. Getting high, tipsy not drunk, playing stupid drinking games and rolling all about because of those hilarious moments, and so much more. All in all, I am so glad to be home. 

Very random, but Heidi Montag looks like a rag now. I can't stop gagging at her new face, its horrendous. She used to be so pretty and natural, but now she looks like a possessed barbie. And her music video, seriously, what was she thinking. Lol. I think its called superficial or something, and I heard she and Spencer went broke after the plastic surgery + music video which are all total failures. 

Ok sorry for the incessant ramblings, this is where I end off. :)